People who are unwilling to risk failure are not capable of achieving big successes. The careers of the inventor Thomas Edison and the comedian Charlie Chaplin serve as good examples. Without Thomas Edison, we might still be reading in the dark today. But you know that Edison discovered the lightbulb after a thousand different attempts? When asked what he had learned from those one thousand mistakes, Edison responded that he found one thousand ways in which a lightbulb could not be made. During his early days in London, people threw things at Charlie Chaplin to make him off the stage. Would we be enjoying the starring film roles of this famous comedian today if he had taken those audiences' reactions to heart and stopped pursing his dream to become an actor? Learning to cope with failure makes you strong enough to view every defeat as another step toward success.
- The days are dying now. Ebbing, flowing, Passing o...
- Life takes care
- Monsoon child
- Intelligence operates like a happy virus
- If you have struggled in business this will make y...
- Education and Writing
- Thoughts on a balanced life
- The only Symbol that makes sense today
- My actions are the ground on which I stand
- Joseph Campbell: An Open Life
- Various Quotes from Joseph Campbell
- ▼ October (15)
- ► 2006 (147)
- ► 2005 (199)