Message to Self

ob·ses·sion ( P ) Pronunciation Key (b-sshn, b-)
n.
Compulsive preoccupation with a fixed idea or an unwanted feeling or emotion, often accompanied by symptoms of anxiety.
A compulsive, often unreasonable idea or emotion.

A confession. I wrote a New Year Missive awhile back - it is on this site - under The Phoenix. I wrote:

"............my ex-wife who continues to haunt me. I never knew that the wounds of emotion and feeling went so deep. It's been years since the break up. I move on. I renew. I reach for the stars... but the past has not finished with me yet. I let her go as best I can. But she clings on to me. And I say 'adieu, goodbye, fare thee well.' I guess healing is not something we design - it has its own rhythm- and we must learn to flow with it as best we can."

REVISION NECESSARY:

IT HAS BEEN I WHO HAS BEEN CLINGING TO HER. SHE FLEW THE NEST LONG AGO.
I have been holding myself back by embracing the form of the shadow - when its inner essence of protoplasm (its main ju-ju of juice) EVAPORATED long ago. It's like trying to kiss the memory of brown sugar, and all that's left is a homeopathic stain.I have not been truthful with my attachment, though I am being utterly truthful with my process. That is NOT One and the same thing. I have been in love with the linkage, but I have been somehow utterly paralyzed to just break the fricking chain. I have been in bondage to figuring out a meaningless formula. The only person who wants to memorize the recipe, is me, and the CAKE DISAPPEARED
A LONG TIME AGO! Who the hell transfixed me!? Why did I play the fool so long?
Anger, feelings of betrayal...probably they all had a part to play...

Who cares about the atomic structure of navel lint? Only me! Time to move on.

I appear to have been confusing the process of RELEASE with the attachment to release, itself.

I must remove the lint from my third eye! And follow life's guidance - to go beyond what no longer serves my OBSESSIVE sight.

I confuse caring for someone and letting them go. They are sometimes one and the same. Obsession and attachment can be hideous blinders. Wake up Nathan! Love Nathan

About me

My photo
India
Mind is the closest thing to our Reality...Be careful how you use it. Businessman, yogi, teacher, addicted to laughing...