Australian Court Docket 12659, Case of the Pregnant Lady
A lady about 8 months pregnant got on a bus. She noticed a man opposite her
was smiling at her. She immediately moved to another seat. This time the
man's smile turned into a grin, so she move again. The man seemed more
amused. When she moved for the fourth time, the man burst out laughing, she
complained to the driver and he had the man arrested. (Only in Australia)
The case came up in court. The judge asked the man, (about 20 years old),
what he had to say for himself.
The man replied, "Well your Honor, it was like this: When the lady got on
the bus, I couldn't help but notice her condition. She sat under a sweets
sign that said, THE DOUBLEMINT TWINS ARE COMING, and I grinned.
Then she moved and sat under a sign that said, LOGAN'S LINIMENT WILL REDUCE
THE SWELLING, I had to smile.
Then she placed herself under a deodorant sign than said, WILLIAMS BIG
STICK DID THE TRICK, I could hardly contain myself.
But, your Honor, when she moved the fourth time and sat under a sign that
said, GOODYEAR RUBBER COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS ACCIDENT, I just lost it.
The case was dismissed .
- ► 2008 (31)
- Appointment for coffee in 60 days
- creative unease
- Social computer networks
- Finding a Community
- Dialogue about Belief
- Hexagram 25, encore un fois
- Hexagram 25 : The Reflection of the Self - the Ess...
- Is Shakespeare right?
- In Search of Healing
- To be or not to be
- End to Suffering
- Van der Post on the Evolution of the European Mind...
- The Mastery of Yoga
- Etymology of Honeymoon
- From Colin
- The Story of Puss in Boots
- What does yoga mean to me?
- The Importance of Space from work
- March 2005
- A lucky man
- Facing the demons of what we judge as unpleasant o...
- The Bodhi Tree Bookstore, Los Angeles - an Anecdot...
- A WISH TO GO DEEPER
- Inspiration from the I Ching
- dance an amazing language the swimming discourse...
- Clay and Molding things
- For Jeff
- Fire and Wind
- The Wedding of Contrasts
- Go Your Way
- Community appears to be a powerful healing force
- Dream of a lifetime
- Busing in Hungary
- A traveler
- Dreams speak from within and without
- Pushing buttons
- Holy Cows make the best meat!
- Carolyn Myss and her Spriritual Tours
- Notes from a recent dialogue
- Christmas Day 2005
- Life: your mission should you accept it...
- In time of Cold...the Leaves will fall.
- Iraq and Vietnam
- The only thing in my way is myself...
- Died twice already today and it's not time for lun...
- Preliminary List of interesting dance styles
- Note to Nick
- New Year's Resoluton - numbers 187, 188, 189
- Socrates, you're' the man!
- Passion - men or women do it best?
- Life's essentials
- Happy Pongal
- understanding of the times
- Bottom Line
- Poem by Darius
- The dark side of India
- Education that values love
- Relationships as Mirrors
- Human Ecdysis
- Gratefulness and direction
- Why we travel
- What we come to treasure
- Christmas Cards
- The Legacies of our parents
- Flowers in the garden
- Going home
- Extracts from a Letter to an old schoolmaster afte...
- Thoughts on the benefits of Money
- Contemplations on Order and Chaos
- I did the show
- Why do men have nipples? Teaching in Czech Republi...
- Why transformation means something...
- Night and Day and Activity
- What is aging?
- Question for a friend:
- I'd rather be a Devil
- Recipe to Grow: Pit yourself against impossible Od...
- Living a full Life
- "Colours" by Victoria Finlay
- Inspiring words from Doctor in Tehran
- A Word from Iyke
- Attention must be Paid!
- The Phoenix
- ▼ January (101)
- ► 2005 (199)