Passion - men or women do it best?

I read recently that women are more passionate than men.

I suppose before I go on I should define passion. Whoops, that's not easy!

Firstly, being a full blooded passionate male, my first response was to disagree.

But then...

I went dancing...

And I noticed something - women naturally exude passion on the dance floor when the music takes them. I don't mean sexual passion here. I just mean they tend to be less inhibited about flowing with the music. Men are, very often, rational creatures...and rationality is something one needs in dance - but one also needs to let go.

Some men are very good dancers of course. But many are "boxy" and overly mechanical in their movements...and disconnected from their bodies. Others - like many sports people - are connected to their bodies...but disconnected from the rhythm. Perhaps that is part of what passion is - being attuned to the rhythm...

I think women do have more passion naturally - I can't explain it - but what you see on a dance floor seems to touch on it for me.

Of course many great men have had incredible passion. It takes great passion to be a star athlete...it takes great passion to be a Moses...it take great passion to be a real teacher or an orgianl painter...

Women may have more passion naturally...but individually, what counts is how we harness and irrigate the flow of energies that we do have, through the network of fields that form our personality and consciousness...The trick is to be masterful in our use of what resources we do have; to find ways to be ever expansive in our activities, our focus and our heart...

Blog Archive

About me

My photo
India
Mind is the closest thing to our Reality...Be careful how you use it. Businessman, yogi, teacher, addicted to laughing...