Nick is an old friend. When we were 8 he had a SETI antenna system set up in his living room - monitoring for ET in Bootle... and the far reaches of solar system. He grew up in a wondeful big old manor house house with a garden the size of Spain. A childhood friend who lived in THE magic garden - now what else could a bloke ask for in a pal...Glad you made an appearance at age 4 Nick! It's always good to get into the friendship game early...
The ghost of Kipling and Rohl Dahl are egging you to move out here and write the "Just So Hairy Hindi Monster at the bottom of your dahl garden" stories...
Please send me any particularly funny snippets - so I can steal them and broadcast them to subvert the general communist indoctrination process in Chinese nunnerys...Actually, as we are going along that tangent - have you ever read Tom Robbins? - because if you haven't - you absolutely should - start with: "Skinny legs and all" and then take your pick...
I actually wrote this letter after a bowl of grapes, 2 hours on the dance floor, no sleep for 48 hours and a mosquito net between me and the night - a fine way to begin a dialogue i would say....
Right, back to the tablas...and one of my latest missions to buy an apartment - hoping to get a nice 3 bedroomed one for about 12 pounds fifty - amazing the idea flashed across my mind this morning.
I am sure there will come a point where you will have to visit and start converting the natives to be followers of Doctor Who... :)
- ► 2008 (31)
- Appointment for coffee in 60 days
- creative unease
- Social computer networks
- Finding a Community
- Dialogue about Belief
- Hexagram 25, encore un fois
- Hexagram 25 : The Reflection of the Self - the Ess...
- Is Shakespeare right?
- In Search of Healing
- To be or not to be
- End to Suffering
- Van der Post on the Evolution of the European Mind...
- The Mastery of Yoga
- Etymology of Honeymoon
- From Colin
- The Story of Puss in Boots
- What does yoga mean to me?
- The Importance of Space from work
- March 2005
- A lucky man
- Facing the demons of what we judge as unpleasant o...
- The Bodhi Tree Bookstore, Los Angeles - an Anecdot...
- A WISH TO GO DEEPER
- Inspiration from the I Ching
- dance an amazing language the swimming discourse...
- Clay and Molding things
- For Jeff
- Fire and Wind
- The Wedding of Contrasts
- Go Your Way
- Community appears to be a powerful healing force
- Dream of a lifetime
- Busing in Hungary
- A traveler
- Dreams speak from within and without
- Pushing buttons
- Holy Cows make the best meat!
- Carolyn Myss and her Spriritual Tours
- Notes from a recent dialogue
- Christmas Day 2005
- Life: your mission should you accept it...
- In time of Cold...the Leaves will fall.
- Iraq and Vietnam
- The only thing in my way is myself...
- Died twice already today and it's not time for lun...
- Preliminary List of interesting dance styles
- Note to Nick
- New Year's Resoluton - numbers 187, 188, 189
- Socrates, you're' the man!
- Passion - men or women do it best?
- Life's essentials
- Happy Pongal
- understanding of the times
- Bottom Line
- Poem by Darius
- The dark side of India
- Education that values love
- Relationships as Mirrors
- Human Ecdysis
- Gratefulness and direction
- Why we travel
- What we come to treasure
- Christmas Cards
- The Legacies of our parents
- Flowers in the garden
- Going home
- Extracts from a Letter to an old schoolmaster afte...
- Thoughts on the benefits of Money
- Contemplations on Order and Chaos
- I did the show
- Why do men have nipples? Teaching in Czech Republi...
- Why transformation means something...
- Night and Day and Activity
- What is aging?
- Question for a friend:
- I'd rather be a Devil
- Recipe to Grow: Pit yourself against impossible Od...
- Living a full Life
- "Colours" by Victoria Finlay
- Inspiring words from Doctor in Tehran
- A Word from Iyke
- Attention must be Paid!
- The Phoenix
- ▼ January (101)
- ► 2005 (199)