Q: How can I remove ignorance?
M: While lying asleep in Tiruvannamalai, you dream of finding yourself in another town. Can another town enter your room? Or could you have left home and gone elsewhere. No, both are impossible. Both are unreal, but they appear real to the mind. On waking the "I" of the dream vanishes and another "I" speaks of the dream. Both are unreal; it is the substratum of the mind that continues all along, which gives rise to so many scenes. Many "I's" are born and die every moment. The subsisting mind is the real trouble. Find that and you will be happy.
- ► 2008 (31)
- ► 2006 (147)
- He is a man for whom the word "impossible" does no...
- India frustrates me
- The essential nature
- Family Life
- Idealism meets Reality in Washington and Iraq
- Extract from My Father The Spy
- I want to the best at something meaningful
- Most of us die without opening that door.
- The end of Misery
- The Many "I's"
- Further reflections on Ruskin....and Lord Siva
- Waste Not Want Not
- Doubts....doubts, they will come...
- And God said "Be nice to your wife."
- Today's World - the Opposite of Love
- I AM presence
- Book recommendation - towards a cleaner world
- Kill the ego!
- Meditations on Loyalty
- Economist Blames Aid for Africa Famine
- ▼ August (23)