This land of Sattvic warriors - where some of the greatest teachings of mankind were seeded - seems so souless often today.
There is no efficiency - very little honesty. I have hardly met anyone whose word is true.
False promises. Evasion. Ah to meet an individual who does not have to be reminded constantly of what they promised.
There is no love without respect. There is no respect without people being true to their word. It is very, very difficult to find love in this country. I find that very sad.
Tradition, prestige, a hungering for money, worshipping images in crooked temples, politicians and police and judges who say yes to whomever bribes them the most - all that is here. But to meet a real man. That is almost impossible.
- ► 2008 (31)
- ► 2006 (147)
- He is a man for whom the word "impossible" does no...
- India frustrates me
- The essential nature
- Family Life
- Idealism meets Reality in Washington and Iraq
- Extract from My Father The Spy
- I want to the best at something meaningful
- Most of us die without opening that door.
- The end of Misery
- The Many "I's"
- Further reflections on Ruskin....and Lord Siva
- Waste Not Want Not
- Doubts....doubts, they will come...
- And God said "Be nice to your wife."
- Today's World - the Opposite of Love
- I AM presence
- Book recommendation - towards a cleaner world
- Kill the ego!
- Meditations on Loyalty
- Economist Blames Aid for Africa Famine
- ▼ August (23)