Q: Is it the body that goes to sleep when tired?
M: But does the body sleep or wake up? You yourself said before that the mind is quiet in sleep. The three states are of the mind. The Self is always uncontaminated. It is the substance running through all these three states. The waking state passes away, "I am" remains; the dream-state passes away, "I am" remains; the sleep state passes away, "I am" remains; they repeat; still I AM.
- ► 2008 (31)
- ► 2006 (147)
- He is a man for whom the word "impossible" does no...
- India frustrates me
- The essential nature
- Family Life
- Idealism meets Reality in Washington and Iraq
- Extract from My Father The Spy
- I want to the best at something meaningful
- Most of us die without opening that door.
- The end of Misery
- The Many "I's"
- Further reflections on Ruskin....and Lord Siva
- Waste Not Want Not
- Doubts....doubts, they will come...
- And God said "Be nice to your wife."
- Today's World - the Opposite of Love
- I AM presence
- Book recommendation - towards a cleaner world
- Kill the ego!
- Meditations on Loyalty
- Economist Blames Aid for Africa Famine
- ▼ August (23)