M: You who slept, are also now awake. There was no unhappiness in your sleep, whereas it is present now. What is it that has happened now, that this difference is experienced? There was no "I"-thought in your sleep, whereas it is present now. The true "I" not apparent and the false "I" is parading. This false "I" is the obstacle to your right knowledge. Find out from where this false "I" arises. It will disappear. You will be only what you are - i.e. absolute Being. Search for the source of the "I"-thought. That is all one has to do. The Universe is on account of the "I"-thought. If that ends, misery will also end.
- ► 2008 (31)
- ► 2006 (147)
- He is a man for whom the word "impossible" does no...
- India frustrates me
- The essential nature
- Family Life
- Idealism meets Reality in Washington and Iraq
- Extract from My Father The Spy
- I want to the best at something meaningful
- Most of us die without opening that door.
- The end of Misery
- The Many "I's"
- Further reflections on Ruskin....and Lord Siva
- Waste Not Want Not
- Doubts....doubts, they will come...
- And God said "Be nice to your wife."
- Today's World - the Opposite of Love
- I AM presence
- Book recommendation - towards a cleaner world
- Kill the ego!
- Meditations on Loyalty
- Economist Blames Aid for Africa Famine
- ▼ August (23)