To what degree can another human being affect us
Patanjali - the great sage who wrote the Yoga Sutras - shares that a real teacher - a man of wisdom, who truly knows the ways of the mind, is capable of affecting us deeply. In sanskrit Siddhi is the word used to describe mental powers. There are many Siddhis or psychic powers availabe to the serious yogi. They are not the goal of yoga, indeed attachment to them can create obstacles on the path. However, it is rather beautiful and wondrous to consider the healing power of one mind upon another....even a mind that is distant and with which we have little or not physical contact. Never underestimate the power of an honest, earnest human being to affect you - both emotionally and spiritually. One must be open and honest oneself - otherwise such blessings remain purely an intellectual idea.
- ► 2008 (31)
- ► 2006 (147)
- The Indian Blockbuster of the Summer:
- The World of Tomorrow - Lessons From the Life of a...
- A love not of this world
- Ah beautiful!
- The heart is a lonely hunter
- To what degree can another human being affect us
- Condoleeza Rice and the future of the World
- Illogical India
- A plumber in India
- The Indian trains website
- Gandhi the Mahatma
- Don't waste anything.
- Death comes quickly
- Dreams and Good luck a la Beethoven
- Can you place a value on the best of yourself?
- On Nikos Kazantzakis
- Keep the bowl empty of the yesterday.
- What is comedy?
- Beyond Separation
- A few worthy aphorisms
- Seeing differently
- Love will find you
- Guidance in meditation
- I would do anything for love
- The Poet in us
- Can wrong perception bring happniness?
- Tribute to Nick Drake - Air Heavy with a Memory
- ▼ July (33)