Gandhi the Mahatma

Gandhi once raised the question - Why the hell you call me a Mahatma?

Well, I doubt he used the word hell - but he had a damn fine point.

Mahatma means "perfected being."

Gandhi did not think of himself as a perfected being.

He said (paraphrasing) - Look people wake up! I am no mahatma. My only strength lies in being conscious of my shortcomings.

How nice to hear that. I think it's one of the most beautiful things I have heard in a long, long while.

So you think you are perfect do you?

What about your left foot - it's slightly bigger than your right foot! Your nose leans a little to the left and your taste in shirts is terrible! You need to sack your fashion designer or get rid of your "bad taste" gene. I mean what's with that haircut?!

Perfection is a snoozing elephant dreaming of being washed in a nice hot tub - whilst being washed in nice hot tub whilst sleeping - and then waking up to realise that his dream is actually happening! Could you scrub behind my left ear please?
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....
...bliss!

Blog Archive

About me

My photo
India
Mind is the closest thing to our Reality...Be careful how you use it. Businessman, yogi, teacher, addicted to laughing...