Following creates success.
Perseverance brings misfortune.
To go one's way with sincerity brings clarity.
How could there be blame in this?
It often happens, when a man exerts a certain amount of influence, that he obtains a following by condescension toward inferiors. But the people who attach themselves to him are not honest in their intentions. They seek personal advantage and try to make themselves indispensable through flattery and subservience. If one becomes accustomed to such satellites and cannot do without them, it brings misfortune. Only when a man is completely free from his ego, and intent, by conviction, on what is right and essential, does he acquire the clarity that enables him to see through such people, and become free of blame.
- ► 2008 (31)
- ► 2006 (147)
- Mad British people
- The Kite Runners by Khaled Hosseini
- Can you change the world?
- do not think of the sky as a limit
- Carpe Diem
- From "A Gift for all Mankind" by Tara Singh
- Meditations on self-reliance, loyalty and inter-re...
- When will wisdom have a voice in politics
- Modern Politics
- Modesty from the I Ching
- Today could be the best day of your life.
- Song of togetherness
- Following also from the I Ching
- from the I Ching
- Giving by Kahlil Gibran
- There is a crack in everything
- The Modern Peace Warrior
- What takes place in the depths of one's being, in ...
- ▼ June (24)