Love is an awakening of spirit,
A bold light without a shadow;
A voice without bias;
The wisdom of the heart says:
“Above all else, nurture your urgency
For it’s subtle brilliance.”
Nothing else matters.
What is important?
The sun rises in a city swollen with humanity.
I am a newcomer.
Part of me, it seems, like a doomed fly caught in amber.
Swallowed by the all consuming concrete,
Crushed by the toll of fancies and corruption,
And blinded by my own reactions,
Surrounded by the unchecked appetites of progress
I remember to speak the hidden language of the trees.
Amongst the traffic fumes and the ghostly bodies
I listen for the song of the warbler.
How to remain still?
How to be serious in a sea of change?
The dark, sacred night shares its essence
Like the outpouring of an intimate friend.
It offers libations to an unknown presence
Just as a delicate, solitary flower in an ancient wood
- seeking nothing in return -
Offers its unpronounced dignity to all who pass.
Its boasts a strength of purpose that can never be swayed by the wind.
As the world sleeps I watch my mood drifting; wandering; wondering…
I am denied rest by an ominous mystery:
- ► 2008 (31)
- ► 2006 (147)
- Gate gate para gate... parasamgate. Bodhi Swaha
- Is it determination or dissatisfaction?
- Keys to the Kingdom
- What would you give?
- Building something meaningful
- What would it be to live a life without consequenc...
- No desperation
- Whether I am afraid
- Small piece of Land
- The wisdom of a sage
- Knock on the door of the Way
- Lyyic to build a song around
- John Keats
- Poem by my Father - Homecoming
- Seeing is believing
- A Necklace of questions
- What is Important?
- The deep
- The brightest promise
- The price of penny-wise wisdom
- What is it to live, to really live?
- Bury me
- ▼ April (28)