Seeing is believing

Seeing is believing

1.

I sat myself on a quai yesterday
E D
As I watched the ships sail away
C D
Some politician had passed a law
C E
And we were heading out to war
C D

2.

Outside my room on the streets in the gloom
Aminor D
There are taboos on every corner
G C
The judge is round the bend
G C
The world seems at an end
G C
All around there's talk of revolution
D Aminor
As madmen storm the night
C Aminor
They froth at the mouth - all bicker and bite
G C
Their visions lost and the day is shot
C D

3.

If seeing is believing and I believe in what I see
C D
Like lipstick on the lips of a fool
C D
There's a world spinning out of control
C D
Full of people dreaming to be free of the demon's running their lives
D Aminor C
in the name of selfish greed
D

4.

When I think of nation states
C
And all those tired inflation rates
D
How the temperature is rising
D A minor
I see it plain. There's no lines dividing
D A minor
No more time for hiding
D A minor


5.

Diving into the endless blue
A minor D minor
I catch the last rays of sun before the moon
A minor E minor
Love she corners me
D minor
Flaming haired and penniless broke
A minor
Dreams divided me until I woke
D A minor

Interlude - spanish guitar, indian vocals (ragas)

6.

Now I am looking to the sky
D minor
Where the iron birds fly
A minor
And I think of you and all the things that make a day
C E
Your life is cradled in my mind - precious like a child's find
D minor A minor

7.

And in the silent world at the edge of the sea
D minor E
I'll love you unpressured like the day to the dawn
C D E
I'll find my need to matter
C D
I'll find my voice to sing
F C
Going to play music 'til I choke
C E
(And) sing a lullaby of hope
D A minor E

8.


The rivers are running on silence and rain
D minor A minor
Like the blood that flows in our veins
C E
(So) next time we meet, give no reason to blame
D minor A minor
No lonely tears hungry for fame
C E
Let's meet, king and queen of all we survey
D
Leavin behind our heart's dismay
C D

Repeat verse 5

About me

My photo
India
Mind is the closest thing to our Reality...Be careful how you use it. Businessman, yogi, teacher, addicted to laughing...