I want to talk about the deep.
Not the deep blue sea.
Submercibles and television cameras will take you there.
Nor am I speaking of the furthest reaches of space.
Nor of deep thoughts.
They are all so shallow.
I wish to travel with you into a different dimension.
There is no path to go there.
There are serpents and bluebells along the way.
Yet they are not the purpose of the journey.
The deep is not a realm of contrasts.
One hesitates to give it a name.
Names are bridges to link what we percieve to be separate.
The deep has an unutterable sense of freedom about it.
Like a vast, brooding ocean.
Words cannot capture what is meant by 'freedom.'
- ► 2008 (31)
- ► 2006 (147)
- Gate gate para gate... parasamgate. Bodhi Swaha
- Is it determination or dissatisfaction?
- Keys to the Kingdom
- What would you give?
- Building something meaningful
- What would it be to live a life without consequenc...
- No desperation
- Whether I am afraid
- Small piece of Land
- The wisdom of a sage
- Knock on the door of the Way
- Lyyic to build a song around
- John Keats
- Poem by my Father - Homecoming
- Seeing is believing
- A Necklace of questions
- What is Important?
- The deep
- The brightest promise
- The price of penny-wise wisdom
- What is it to live, to really live?
- Bury me
- ▼ April (28)